Friday 20 January 2012

Ginger-Orange Glazed Carrots

by on December 5, 2011
FavoriteLoadingAdd to Recipe Box

Ginger-Orange Glazed Carrots
As a lazy cook who values one-pot meals, I don?t cook many side dishes. If a meal lacks a vegetable, I?ll usually toss together a salad and call it a day. The only time I find I need true side dishes is when dinner centers around a protein-heavy dish, like mini tofu quiches, quinoa cutlets, pistachio-crusted tofu, or meatless loaf, that needs a plethora of veggie sides to round out the plate. Simple steamed vegetables will often do the trick, but when I want a side dish that seems ?dressier? but still is quick and easy to make, these lightly sweet carrots meet all my needs: sparkling with the flavors of orange and ginger, they cook in about 15 minutes and are the perfect accompaniment to any meal.

I served them with the broccoli-rice casserole I posted last week, but they really go with everything?or with nothing, as I found out when I kept reaching for them cold as a snack. Even with no fat and with much less sugar than most glazed carrots, they?re still seriously addictive. I?ve tested them with several different sweeteners (including date syrup, which I don?t recommend because it overwhelmed the orange and ginger) and like them best with agave nectar, but I?ve included a couple of other options for those of you who avoid agave. Give them a try at your next holiday meal!

Ginger-Orange Glazed Carrots

Stay In The Loop!

Be notified when there are new recipes by subscribing to RSS or Email Updates.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FatfreeVeganBlog/~3/_1FOKkjfZKc/ginger-orange-glazed-carrots.html

Nutrition Tips Cooking Club Good Cooking Recipes Menus

No comments:

Post a Comment