Thursday 19 January 2012

This Year Make YOU a Priority

It seems like one of the biggest challenges for many people when it comes to health and fitness is time.� If you?re like me, you?re most likely trying to juggle your work schedule with the school and sport schedules of your children.� Don?t forget to add in doctor appointments, grocery shopping, regular errands ?you know the routine.� Typically the first thing to get slashed from my to-do list is my visit to the gym when my schedule gets crunched.� Of course, this is probably the worst thing to do because ultimately I?m left feeling less energetic when I don?t exercise, which then impacts everything else I have to do.

This leads me to my New Year?s resolution?trying to make myself more of a priority for the upcoming year.� When you stop to think about it, it?s rather funny?we make it a priority to take our cars to the mechanic and get regular maintenance, but we tend to ignore the most valuable thing we have?ourselves!� Since resolutions usually fall apart unless you have a strategy on how you expect to accomplish them, my plan is to enlist a little more help from my husband and kids.� For example, on certain evenings when I know his schedule will allow, I will ask my husband to pick the kids up from school so I can go straight to the gym from work.

The reality is I know I feel a lot better when I stick to a regular exercise regime and when I?m feeling better I have more energy, which benefits everyone in the family because I get more done.� The bottom line is that the success of my New Year?s resolution will have a positive impact on the entire household, so it?s in their best interest to be supportive (we?ll see how that goes!).

I?d encourage you to make a similar promise to yourself for the upcoming year?take some time specifically set aside for YOU.� It could be to focus on exercise like I?m doing, or maybe on eating healthier or doing a favorite activity.� I also came across this great list of Realistic Resolutions for 2012 on the Fruits & Veggies?More Matters website.� Their all ?doable? things you can realistically accomplish this year.� Have a Happy New Year and let?s make it a healthy 2012!

See all posts

Source: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/?p=22886

Rok Cooking Cooking Menu Cook Cooking Chefs Share

No comments:

Post a Comment